Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2012

The MUET experience

Just got my MUET results yesterday. Was kinda expecting the worst, so I wasn't as impatient as my friends who kept checking via texts despite the line being busy. Nevertheless they managed to help me retrieve my results, and it says Band 5 :) I've shared about my experience with MUET before this, and my fellow SHEEP members would know I couldn't have done this without Him. Actually, the day that I got through the speaking test was a miracle in itself. Before MUET, my English lecturer did a mock speaking test, and lets just say it was a disaster for me. I went completely unprepared, quite sure that it was going to be easy, just like what everyone else says. Obviously it did not went well. I felt my brain stopped functioning halfway through the mock test and there was an awkward and painful one minute silence until my lecturer started prompting me.
Naturally, I started feeling more than worried about MUET, and did all I could to prepare myself fully for the real thing and asked for prayers. When the day came, I brought a devotional book and did my quiet time while waiting for my turn. Then peace overrode anxiety. It was also due to some encouraging texts I received from my friends who knew about my mock test ordeal. And guess what? The topic I got was about the importance of friends. :) The test went off without me pausing or stuttering. I knew not whether it was good enough for the examiners, but I certainly knew that I did my best with God's help, and that was more than good enough for me.
Despite that I still felt a bit worried about the results when it came out ("O ye of little faith"). But that feeling was quickly replaced with joy and thankfulness after I got the news. Eventhough some may say that it was an expected one from me (my sister got the same result), but for me Band 5 is definitely a gift from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment