Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 already?!

Don't know if it's a growing-older thing, but it seems to me 2011 just came and gone in a snap. 'Cause I can still vividly remember last year's watch night service. But then when I think of the 4 days National Service that I joined, it seemed like it happened very long ago. Time is very mysterious thing.
I'm feeling a lot of mixed emotions like I always do during the end of a year. Truth be told, 2011 has been quite tough on me. As I reflect upon the year, the memories that stood out don't quite stir up a warm, fuzzy feeling like they did in 2010. Nevertheless, I think God has taught me a lot more during 2011; I have that and so much more to be grateful for.
This year, instead of making a list of new year's resolutions, I'm just gonna commit to one resolution - to be resolute. Ashamed as I am to admit it, I seldom stick to my resolutions. Therefore I'm just gonna try this year, to not be a quitter, to stop running away when things get heavy, for "he who endures to the end will be saved" (Mark 13:13). This one resolution kinda covers all other resolutions that I can possibly come up with during the year, so I'm just gonna at least do my best to commit to this resolution, and hope that God will be proud of me after another year ends once again.

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men" (Colossians 3:23). Blessed new year everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment