Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Irony

I was shooting an interview for my video assignment one fine day outside the library and there was this noise that sounds much like a filled plastic bottle dropping on the walkway. One of my friends screamed and I turned to see, this grey dove lying on its right side with its eyes closed, motionless. You could tell that it just died, with all the feathers flying around it. It was a horrific scene. Thank God I didn't see any blood. I could only imagine how my friend felt after witnessing the bird falling to the ground. We reckoned that it  flew into the walls of the library and knocked itself to death. The walkway's high roof was connected to the library so it couldn't have fell from any tree. No, I did not take any pictures despite having a camcorder in my hands. It wasn't a scene I'd want to remember. Oh, and the topic of my video assignment was about how loneliness is the core reason of teen suicides. I'm not saying the bird committed suicide. I'm saying it might have been feeling empty. >.<

No comments:

Post a Comment