Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Don't be afraid

"Don't be afraid to make mistakes"

I always thought this is just another philosophical phrase that I'd never really apply to my life. I mean, why make mistakes when you can just do things the way you're familiar with? Be in your own comfort zone? It would make life so much more simple, wouldn't it?

But no, life is too short for that.

I've been thinking about that lately during these times when my days are just a blur of routines. What can I do to "live life like there's no tomorrow", when everyday I am waiting for tomorrow to come? *coughs* SPM results. *coughs*

In making mistakes, I don't mean deliberately making mistakes. I mean taking a chance at things I've always wanted to do but never got to it, or making a decision that might make or break. It might not turn out the way I wanted to, but it's a risk worth taking. And with much praying, I believe, "God is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think." - Ephesians 3 :20

Besides, "we can do no great things, only small things with great love" - Mother Teresa

Meanwhile, The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks brought tears to my eyes. And there's a sequel, The Wedding. I'm very tempted to buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment